Steven Edward Carter now faces a felony count of Possession of more than Five Pound of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute.
Since the raid on the joint operations, investigating officers determined the following:
- The surveillance system recovered at McDaniel`s residence had two usernames in it, “Steve” and “Thad”.
- Steve Carter`s phone had several text messages in it in which he was communicating with Thad McDaniel about the joint surveillance system.
- There was internet cable running from the shed where Steve Carter was cooking meth to the barn behind Thad McDaniel`s house where he was processing marijuana.
- Steven Carter admits that he and Thad McDaniel are lifelong friends and went through school together.
- A water line was found running from the spigot at 2312 Mt Vernon (Carter`s residence) to the grow operation at 2304 (McDaniel`s residence). The water was on a grow timer as well.
Additional charges are likely. Carter remains held without bond at Middle River Regional Jail.