Albemarle County sets 2020 tax rate, new tax deadline
The new deadlines are as follows:
- The deadline to file a return for business personal property and machinery and tools tax is now June 1, 2020
- The payment date for real estate, tangible personal property, machinery and tools, and mobile homes is now June 30, 2020
- The payment date for business license taxes measured by gross receipts is now June 30, 2020
- Payment date for transient occupancy and food and beverage tax for tax month March, April, and May of 2020 is now July 20, 2020. Please note, the deadlines to file Food and Beverage tax and Transient Occupancy tax for tax month March, April and May of 2020 remain unchanged as prescribed under County Code §§ 15-902(F) and 15-1002(F).
These extensions are in addition to the following deadline extension passed by the Board on April 1, 2020:
- The deadline to submit a real estate tax relief renewal is now May 16, 2020
- The deadline to file business personal property is June 1, 2020
The Board also approved the following tax rates for 2020:
- Real estate, manufactured homes, and public service property: $0.854 per every One Hundred Dollars of assessed value.
- Personal property, business personal property not categorized as machinery and tools, merchant’s capital, or short-term rental property with an original cost of less than $500, and machinery and tools: $4.28 per One Hundred Dollars of assessed value.