Advice from car accident survivors to others
People who have survived car accidents have a lot to say about the incident. There are many such articles where we have found people writing about it and how it has affected them and their loved ones. Don’t take such things just as a piece of advice, but you need to learn from mistakes that these victims have done in their past.
Car accidents can be quite traumatizing. The issues will not just end with the accident, but there are a lot more that you need to go through like the police reports, investigation, medical help, and fight for claims. This will affect you not only physically, but emotionally too. To get you through this, you may want to consult an attorney with experience in car injury claims.
In such cases, a car accident lawyer is the best person to help you. You can hire from law firms like Baumgartner Law Firm. They have been in this industry for decades now. You can check their website baumgartnerlawyers.com for more details.
Here’s some piece of advice to take care of yourself after an injury accident:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to a doctor and get yourself checked. It is possible that you might feel that you are fine and do not need medical attention, only to realize later that you actually hurt during the accident. This mainly happens when people hope they are not injured or are worried about the cost of medical help. This is very important to fight your case legally too when you apply for compensation.
- Follow safety rules. Always wear your seatbelt and ensure that you do not have any kind of distraction while you drive. It is also better that you drive slowly specially in the areas where the road conditions are very bad, or the weather is not good. Keep a watch on your speed limit.
- If you are looking for insurance to cover your expenses, you need to keep in mind that they want to pay as little as possible when it comes to medical expenses or injury claims.
It is very important to understand that after an accident there are two types of problems that can affect your life completely. This includes emotional and physical trauma.
- Emotional trauma: In this, a person will not be affected immediately but this can happen in a long run. There might be mental and emotional injuries like mental anguish, emotional distress, fear, anger, embarrassment, shock, lack of appetite, mood swings, and many more.
- Physical trauma: In this, a person can injure his body parts like brain, neck, legs, spinal cord which can lead to sprains, fractures, permanent damage, etc.
Thus, in both cases, it becomes important that you determine the extent of the injury and take necessary steps to avoid any potential future pain or damages.
If you are injured due to an accident, for which you have another driver responsible for it, then you can report the incident immediately by calling 911. This is an emergency service that will direct the nearest police station to investigate the crash. All too often the story changes for some drivers if they are not interviewed by the police at the scene.