The ACC weekday slate tips off Tuesday night with Pitt traveling to Louisville. The game will be the first league test for the Cardinals, while the Panthers seek to rebound from last Saturday’s loss to No. 15 Miami in their ACC opener. Six more conference games are scheduled for Wednesday evening.
- Six ACC teams are ranked among the top 10 of the latest AP poll, led by Duke at No. 2 … Virginia moves up to No. 8, while North Carolina is at No. 12 and Miami at No. 15 … Florida State continues to hold the No. 24 spot, while Clemson enters the rankings at No. 25.
- Clemson (12-1) is off to its best start to a season since the 2008-09 Tigers opened with 16 straight wins … the Tigers’ appearance in the AP poll is their first since Jan. 18, 2010.
- Virginia sophomore Ty Jerome set career highs for single-game points (31), field goals (11) and minutes played (37) in the Cavaliers’ ACC-opening win over Boston College. Duke freshman Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in both scoring (21.9 ppg) and rebounding (11.6 rpg). Jerome was named ACC Player of the Week, while Bagley was tabbed as ACC Rookie of the Week for the fourth time.
- Miami senior Ja’Quan Newton needs five points to reach 1,000 for his career.
- Notre Dame senior Bonzie Colson’s 17 rebounds in last Saturday’s win over Georgia Tech tied a career high.
ACC By the Numbers
- 1 – Virginia Tech’s Ahmed Hill has made at least one 3-point field goal in 14 straight games and leads the ACC in 3-point field goal percentage (.506) and 3-point field goals per game (3.1).
- 1 – Duke freshman Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (21.9), rebounds (11.6), double-doubles (11) and ranks second in field goal percentage (.630) … with 32 points and 21 rebounds in Saturday’s win over No. 24 Florida State, Bagley became the first freshman in ACC history to have a 30/20 game.
- 8 – Syracuse’s Ty Battle has scored 20 points or more in an ACC-best eight games this season and ranks third among league scoring leaders (19.9).
- 12.5 – Pittsburgh freshman guard Marcus Carr is averaging 12.5 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game in the Panthers’ eight wins .
- 14.7 – Over his last seven games, Louisville’s Quentin Snider has averaged a team-high 14.7 points, made 12-of-24 three-pointers (.500) and handed out 27 assists with just seven turnovers.
- 31 – Notre Dame senior forward Bonzie Colson has scored in double figures in an ACC-best 31 straight games and leads all current ACC players in career double-doubles (32) and rebounds (833).
- 216 – Georgia Tech’s Ben Lammers leads all active ACC players and ranks 24th among ACC career blocked shot leaders with 216 rejections.
Stable Craft Brewing is a manufacturer of quality, craft beer and requires a motivated, results-driven Sales Manager to lead its sales department. More information: click here.