3 simple rules for setting up a study schedule
Student´s lifestyles can become a mess sometimes, and it’s only natural taking into consideration all the things they have to juggle. Still, your academic life can resent the lack of organization and your performance could diminish. We know you want to avoid this scenario, so in this article, we give you great tools to improve your study plan and enhance your performance.
1. Choose a format
The first thing you need to do is to choose a time format for the study schedule you need; this will be the foundation that will hold your routine. Your decision should depend on your time availability, your preferences, lifestyle and academic periods.
Monthly or weekly schedule
When you design your own study schedule, you are in the liberty of setting the elements in your best interest, you can even incorporate different academic activities into one big schedule. You have the option to design weekly routines, which are great only if you have a variant academic routine because you will have to update it every week. On the other hand, if you have a steady academic routine, you can plan a month ahead and update your schedule on a monthly basis.
Remember that you can delegate some college assignments to writing services, which can write UK essays, dissertations, or any paper you need. Some sites offer essay writing service provider of the best quality at a cheap price. If you delegate the assignments you are not comfortable with, you will have more time in your schedule to invest in other matters that you feel more passionate about.
Attached to your school period
You could also design a routine attached to the school calendar, in which you can take into account every school activity, like free periods and exams period. It is a great way to plan your routine because it allows you to visualize your time, and learn when to plan intense sessions or when to ease the pace. But the downside is that, since this format centers in a school calendar, other specialties you might study or academic activities outside of school are left out.
2. Follow a process to design your study routine
There are no precise steps on how to make a study plan, but if you need some guidance to start, consider following these course that will get you on the right track.
- Define your learning style. Everyone is different, and, as a consequence, learning processes are also different. So, the first thing you need to do is determine what sort of method fits you best. There is a classification of 5 learning styles that can help you identify your own: Visual learners, aural learner, verbal learners, physical learners, and logical learners.
- Choose a template for your schedule: Once you know what learning process works for you, you can decide on a template. You could print one, draw it yourself, or use a small slate. Independently of the template, it is always a good idea to also keep a notebook for your study sessions. It can be useful to take notes, like the contact for an essay writing service, a subject you couldn’t review or a particular idea that came to you while studying.
- Design your studying routine. All routines must be personalized and drawn according to each student´s preference. Still, every good study schedule cannot lack constancy and structure. A recommendation is to have a study session every day, but doing long sessions (1 or 2 hours) just a couple of times a week. It is also advised to study always the same time of day and to organize in advance the subjects for each session.
- Always stick to your schedule. A key element to any successful study plan is compromise, because if you don’t comply with every aspect of your schedule your performance won’t improve, it doesn’t matter how well designed the routine is. So, set alarms, make check lists, plan every custom essay you will order, don’t postpone your duties and always do everything you can to avoid losing a study session.
3. Create the perfect study environment
The space you use for study is essential for the success or failure of your routine. It is most important to build a place where you feel comfortable and that propels you to focus on the tasks at hand. In order to be perfect, it should comply at least with these characteristics:
- Must be well lit
- Be organized
- It should have all the tools necessary (desk and chair, notebook, pencil or pen, etc)
- Be free of distractions
- Private and quiet, although sometimes you could take the session to a cafe.
If you follow these rules, you will find yourself on the way to a great study schedule.