McAuliffe announces two appointments to ABC BoardPublished Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014, 9:33 pm
Filed under Politics-Virginia
Connect with AFP editor Chris Graham on LinkedIn
News tips, press releases, letters to the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
For advertising inquiries, contact us at email@example.com.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe announced on Wednesday the appointments of Boyd Marcus and Jeffrey Painter to the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and the reappointment of 17 agency heads across his administration. The appointees will join an administration focused on finding common ground on issues that will grow Virginia’s economy and create jobs across the Commonwealth.
Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
From 1998-2001 Boyd Marcus served as Chief of Staff to Governor James Gilmore III. In 2002, Marcus served as Chief of Staff to Congressman Eric Cantor. He also served as Chief of Staff to Congressman Tom Bliley, 1981-1988. A native of Leesburg, Virginia, Boyd graduated from the University of Virginia in 1974.
Jeff Painter is a native of Page County and has over twenty years of senior executive leadership experience in the public and private sector. His service includes: Executive Director of the Virginia League of Conservation Voters; Chief Administrative Officer of the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control Board; and owner of Property Partners, a small business managing and investing in vacation properties. Jeff graduated from Emory and Henry College.
McAuliffe also announced today the reappointment of the following agency heads from across state government:
- Randall Burdette, Executive Director of the Department of Aviation
- Craig Burns, State Tax Commissioner, Department of Taxation
- Colonel W. Steven Flaherty, Superintendent of Virginia State Police
- Manju Ganeriwala, State Treasurer, Department of the Treasury
- Richard Holcomb, Commission of the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Raymond Hopkins, Commissioner of the Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- Dennis Johnson, Director of the Division of Selected Agency Support Services in the Office of the Governor
- Cynthia Jones, Director of the Department of Medical Assistance Services
- Ronald Lanier, Director of the Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Samuel Nixon, Chief Information Officer, Virginia Information Technologies Agency
- David Paylor, Director of the Department of Environmental Quality
- James Rothrock, Commissioner of the Department for Aging and Rehabilitation Services
- William Shelton, Director of the Department of Housing and Community Development
- Richard Sliwoski, Director of the Department of General Services
- Daniel Timberlake, Director of the Department of Planning and Budget
- David Von Moll, State Comptroller, Department of Accounts
- Sara Wilson, Director of the Department of Human Resource Management