GAPP teen video contest promotes substance-free living
Greater Augusta Prevention Partners is sponsoring a video contest to promote the message “Living Alcohol and Drug Free.”
The deadline for submission is Friday, Jan. 27, at 5 p.m.
“Teens know better than anyone how to use video and social media to communicate. We’re hoping to tap into that know-how and their creativity so they can talk to their peers about substance abuse,” said Keri D. Jones, GAPP Coalition Coordinator.
The contest is open to middle- and high-school age youths in Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro. GAPP is encouraging individuals and teams to put together their best ideas for promoting substance-free life by living alcohol- and drug-free.
Videos can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dropping off a thumb drive to Jones at the GAPP Coalition office, 900 Nelson Street, Staunton, weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Anyone with questions, may contact:
Keri Jones @ 332-3806 or email@example.com
GAPP Video Contest Rules
- Contest is open to middle and high school students only
- One video per person/team
- Each video must contain the GAPP LOGO
- Video must be appropriate for website
- Video will be shared throughout the community for educational purposes
- Video must be 1 to 3 minutes in length
The winning video will be determined based upon a combination of the following:
- Creativity used to get the message across.
- The appropriateness/accuracy of the information used.
- Must contain the GAPP Coalition Logo.
- 1st place: a prize basket worth $400.00
- 2nd place: a prize basket worth $ 200.00
- 3rd place: a prize basket worth $100.00